Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Mr. Finger Plays Dead" Narrative Outline




I. Introduction:

A. I had the worst dream ever last night!

B. Thesis Statement: I dreamt that all my body parts rebelled against me one by one and left my body, until only Mr. Index Finger was left; then, Mr. Finger killed himself, too.

C. Emphatic Order

II. Topic Sentence: I dreamt that all my body parts could act on their own, and at first it was sort of entertaining.

A. My ears wiggled in time to the music I played in the car—I have never been able to wiggle my ears!

B. My nose nicely explained to my grumbling stomach that my Panini was not quite done yet; it could tell from the smell

C. I did not have to strain my eyes to see at all; they simply focused on what they wanted me to focus on.

III. Topic Sentence: Soon parts were acting in ways that did not work with everyone else, and I started to get worried.

A. My left arm kept reaching over and slapping my right hand, and then the right arm would get upset and try to avenge the right hand and reach over to punch my left arm.

B. My right knee started to live out its fantasy that it was in the Army, pulling up my right leg and foot to march in place.

C. The fingers on my left hand all started to argue and poke at each other, knotting themselves up in a contorted mess.

IV. Topic Sentence: I truly panicked when the bickering parts started excusing themselves and vacating my body!

A. First my left arm detached and dragged itself off, and I watched as all five fingers on the left hand wiggled away.

B. Then my right leg detached and split into the upper leg and foot, all the toes scrambling off to freedom.

C. The other body parts quickly followed, until all that were left together were my eyes and my right index finger.

1. Seeing his predicament, Mr. Index Finger swallowed up the nearest pills, hoping to end his deep loneliness without the other three fingers and thumb.

2. I heard my mouth sigh somewhere off in the distance, an odd sound, as both ears had split up, and then my eyes left me too.

V. Conclusion: Never again will I eat the five-alarm chili on top of my hot wings before bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment